Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fall Sports

Yesterday Tuttle started fall soccer at the YMCA. This is his third season with Coach Bobby, and this season he begins playing in games every Saturday. We are excited about this change but a little weary of games at 8am or 9am on the weekend! :)
 
 
His team was changed to all boys this time, but luckily most of the familiar faces returned to play. I think everyone realizes how lucky we have it with the athletic director as our coach!
 
 
Yesterday could only be described as HOT. There is absolutely no shade on the field, so I was dying in my white jeans, but the heat did not seem to phase Tuttle. He had a blast!
 


 
I am looking forward to watching Tuttle develop as a player and a teammate. He is ready to score some goals this season! Go Team France!
 
Maggie started her fall season of gymnastics today. Although we kept up her practice all summer, her class day changed, and she met some new friends and also saw some familiar faces. Coach Todd returned as her Wednesday coach, so that obviously thrilled Maggie. I think it will take a few weeks for her to feel comfortable with her new group. Then she will be ready to show off all her skills.
 
 
After practice Maggie asked Coach Todd if she could go on the big bars. He assisted her, and then she independently showed off her favorite trick of touching her toes to the bar.
 

 
We love Jump Start and cannot wait to cheer Maggie on her way to the Olympics! :)
 
On a side note, Maggie has been accident free in underwear all week. I cannot get over how quickly she grasped potty training, especially when we are on the go. I told her teachers that I might send her in diapers on the first day in case she does not feel comfortable asking new adults to go potty, but she told me tonight that she wants to wear underwear. Whether I am ready or not, she is a big girl who uses the potty all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment