Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Thanksgiving did not disappoint this year. We have added more special memories for our family. Grandmommy hosted a delicious meal at her home, as usual, and it was a beautiful day to celebrate all we are thankful for. 


I went a little picture crazy with the perfect fall weather, gorgeous setting, and so many of my favorite people in one place. 









I attempted Grandmommy's sweet potato casserole recipe, and it was a total success. I was nervous to pull off a traditional must have on my first attempt. It might be in competition with my family's marshmallow topped sweet potato casserole. :)


Our first Thanksgiving celebration left us too full but ready to continue the holiday with my family on Saturday. (Please note this is the first time Jacob is wearing a "big boy" collared shirt.)



I kept the tradition going with very few pictures at my mom's house, but it was a wonderful afternoon full of football, MANY children, and my favorite Thanksgiving bites. 


Tricia and Chip announced that they would be adding another sweet baby to their already busy family of four, including Stanley and Jordan. Madison's biological brother will be adopted in February, and we cannot wait to meet him!

Maggie sneaked off with Silas and Gwen and told us they were having a private conversation. It was later discovered that they were having a singing competition with Silas as the judge. Gwen performed for us, but Maggie was not ready for a live audience. 


Jay and I are in awe of all we have to be thankful for. We are so blessed to have our families by our sides.


Happy Thanksgiving 2018!

We are diving right into the Christmas season with the arrival of Bockle. Hopefully he will help keep Jacob in line, but I have my doubts.


No comments:

Post a Comment