Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Patriotic Pastimes

 We celebrated the 4th of July weekend with non-stop action. 

The neighborhood girls and I put together a GNO Happy Hour at my house on Thursday night. It was my first time hosting, and I loved catching up with all my girlfriends.


On Saturday we loaded up all the kids (+ Cade) to shoot the Hooch! We had never done this as a family before, so it was definitely an adventure. We had such a fun time with 4+ hours on the river.






We headed to bed exhausted and early because Sunday we had an EXTRA early wakeup call for Jay's 17th Peachtree Road Race.

Despite a possible toe break on Friday evening, Jay showed up and completed an impressive race while we cheered him on from our annual spot.



I did not miss the opportunity for THE July 4th photo. Both Tuttle and Maggie want to run next year, so I will have to get creative!



My favorite firecrackers!


We are so proud of Daddy continuing the tradition and cannot wait to add two more Thorne runners to his team in 2022!


We enjoyed breakfast at First Watch and a short nap before heading to the neighborhood pool for an afternoon of eating, drinking, swimming, and laughing!




We did not last for fireworks after such a busy weekend. :) Today has been full of sleeping and lazing around the house. It was the perfect weekend celebrating my favorite holiday with my favorite people.



No comments:

Post a Comment