Saturday, September 25, 2021

Fall Break

 We just returned from our fall break getaway to Hilton Head Island. Jay was able to take off the entire week with us. We left rainy weather in Roswell for perfect weather at the beach. It was such an carefree and fun vacation, and we did not want to come home!

The highlights of our trip included a ten mile bike ride, swimming and relaxing by the pool with our own cabana, a competitive putt putt game, kite flying, beach yoga, delicious food, and several games of Uno with an ocean view. While I mourn not having a little baby anymore, trips are much easier with my big kids, and we come home refreshed. It doesn't just feel like parenting in another location. :)

We started off the trip with a huge highlight when we ran into Herschel Walker at Cracker Barrel.


We successfully completed a ten mile round trip bike ride. Everyone pedaled, and Jacob declared that he did not want to do anything else other than ride bikes for the rest of the trip. We even saw alligators next to the path on our trek to breakfast.











I really thought I had this game in the bag, but Daddy beat me by ONE STROKE right at the end. He remains the reigning champion of the putt putt course.....


Our last night was spent at Harbour Town for dinner. Our waiter complimented the kids' manners several times, so we must be doing something right. :)


I hope visiting the beach in September becomes an annual tradition. The crowds are less, and the weather is amazing! I love sharing these special vacations with my favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment