Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Real Life Zoo

 Our official spring break week has been full of animal adventures. 

It started with a stressful discovery as soon as we arrived home from Disney. The top of our hamster's cage was left open, and Taylor Swift had made her escape somewhere in the house. We immediately started searching for the runaway under furniture, in shoes, and around laundry baskets, but it was no surprise that we did not find her. Maggie and I researched tips to catch her, so I set up a food trap and hoped for the best. Maggie was very upset, but we decided that if we did not find her, she did experience a final adventure of a lifetime!

I was completing bedtime routine with the kids when Jacob asked to fill up his water cup in the kitchen after I had tucked him in. Initially I was not going to let him leave his room, but I caved to his request. As soon as he made it to the kitchen, I heard him announce that he found Taylor! She was quietly sitting right beside the fridge! She did not even try to hide when I picked her up. It is an absolute miracle that we found that little hamster so quickly! (I was relieved I could sleep that night and now worry that a furry visitor would scurry into my bed!)

To add to our animal antics Aunt Peach asked Maggie to watch Oliver for a few days while they were on vacation. It has been a HUGE lesson in responsibility, but all the kids have enjoyed some tiny snuggles.


I also checked in on a neighbor's dog several times a day while they were at the beach. Belle is just the sweetest old lady and quickly convinced me that she needs a treat every time I visit. :)

The rest of our week will be filled with Tuttle's middle school make up work, LAUNDRY, preparation for the state meet, and catching up on work.

No comments:

Post a Comment