Thursday, March 26, 2020

This Is Not So Bad

We are almost finished with Week 2 of social distancing, and everyone seems to be settling into the new normal. I am afraid to admit it, but I am starting to love our little bubble.

The break from all the rushing around has been so good for our family. After the morning of school work, the kids are able to play outside and we can eat a home cooked meal as a family. Tuttle and Maggie even made dinner by themselves with very limited help from Daddy for the first time ever. It was very yummy!


I have tried to mix up the learning with unconventional projects, including a stain glass painting in the playroom. All three kids took the assignment very seriously, and now our windows are shining bright with colors!



We are getting outside as much as possible, and the weather has been GORGEOUS. I could not imagine being stuck inside with cold temperatures or constant rain.



Maggie and Daddy completed a 750 piece puzzle almost by themselves. I typically take over puzzles, so I tried to stay away until the end. Maggie was dedicated to finishing it in just a few days.


No one is complaining about sleeping in and wearing pajamas for majority of the day. The children may be turning into sloths, but at least they are cute and snuggly.


The only complaint I  have is ALL THE DISHES. I forgot that everyone has to eat three times a day plus snack. The dishwasher is constantly on. I have been able to clean and organize the house for spring. All the winter clothes are packed up!


I know we will be ready to escape out of the house soon, but right now we are all enjoying the social distancing from others and more time as our little family. Having Daddy home all the time is spoiling us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment