Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

Another holiday was celebrated during the pandemic, but this one felt much more normal. I spent the entire day with Gram, and I loved every second.

After sleeping in, I put on real clothes and met Gram for a surprise lunch at Ray's On The River. It was their first day back open for dine in service, and Gram jumped at the chance to celebrate motherhood in such special place. The fixed Mother's Day menu was four courses of deliciousness with more options than we could begin to eat. Bonus that I did not help anyone else cut up their food, and Gram and I stayed in our seats for the entire meal! :)


After eating a week's worth of calories, I joined Gram on her daily five mile walk. She is almost 70 years old and in way better shape than me! 

I took advantage of a quiet house and grabbed a two hour nap before returning home. Quarantining during your retired years is much more relaxing than with kids!

I am so lucky to be the mommy to three babies. I could not imagine my life any other way, and I soak up every second I get raising them. 





I am also blessed to be surrounded by such great examples to guide this crazy, stressful, exhilarating journey. Happy Mother's Day to Gram, Grandmommy, Aunt Peach, and all the other influential mothers in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment