Sunday, November 21, 2021

Athens Family Weekend (and My 1,000th Post!)

 I am so excited to write my 1,000th blog post. I started writing right after Tuttle's first birthday, and he will be 12 in April! I love looking back at all our memories, and we frequently will pull up a post to verify an event or date. I do not post as often as I did when the kids were babies because our lives are much more fast paced now, but I hope to continue capturing snapshots of everyone for years to come!

Jacob and I celebrated his Thanksgiving Feast on Wednesday with his kindergarten class. He told me he is thankful for his family, friends, dog, cat, and home. Rosie was the most prominent on his turkey hat, and he wanted to show her as soon as we got home.


The kids had a digital learning day on Friday, so we were able to leave for our family weekend in Athens by lunchtime. Everyone immediately feels so relaxed walking into Granny's house.

Jay took the kids to the game by himself since we only have four tickets. I was happy to drive the crew to the game and have a few hours by myself around Athens. It was a chilly day, but the kids bundled up and brought a blanket and Hot Hands to cheer on the Dawgs. Between Dippin' Dots and a shopping trip to the bookstore for a new Georgia gymnastics leo, everyone came home happy and ready for a nap!



Jay and I snuck away for a quick date night while the kids stayed at Granny's house with takeout and limitless screen time. We just grabbed sushi and browsed around Home Goods for some Christmas decorations, but it was the perfect escape with my favorite guy.

Another successful football weekend in the Classic City is in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment