Thursday, October 24, 2013

Happy 15 Months, Maggie Ruth!

Margaret Ruth Thorne has been part of our family for 15 months now.


I do not have any more monthly stickers, but I wanted to give a brief update on Maggie's development and preference as a true toddler.
  • I weighed Maggie tonight, and Miss Independent had to stand on the scale herself. She came in at exactly 18 pounds. 
  • Maggie is wearing 18m clothing, mostly for length. She really needs 12m tops and 18 month pants.
  • I still cannot say that Maggie sleeps through the night every night (Ahhhh!!!), but she averages about 5 nights a week. She does consistently take an afternoon nap for 1.5-2 hours.
  • Maggie's favorite foods include bananas, eggs, cereal bars, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, pancakes, grapes, popcorn, and pizza. She has begun to reject meats.
  • She still takes a bottle of whole milk at nap and nightime but drinks water out of a sippy cup during the day. She is not interested in juice very often.
  • Her vocabulary includes Ah-Me (Mommy), Ah-De (Daddy), thank you, bye, hi, uh-oh, and a violent shake of her head for anything she does not like! :)
  • She MUST copy everything Tuttle and Gigi are doing. Her favorite "big girl" things to do are brush her teeth and use a fork.
  • She happily goes to the nursery workers for Wednesday Bible Study and Sunday church. This is such a relief because I can now return to church and not be worried the entire time! :)
  • Maggie is such a spitfire. She is a bossy little girl that is determined to get what she wants. I know this will serve her well later in life, but it is a challenge right now!
  • Gymnastics is the perfect activity for Maggie. She is definitely learning to follow directions and enjoys climbing, jumping, and swinging.
  • Maggie has started to play with her baby dolls. She will take them on a walk in her baby stroller, feed them with a bottle, and snuggle them if I tell her that they are crying. :)
  • She gets excited if she sees Elmo, Mickey Mouse, or Barney although she has no interest to sit and watch a show for more than 30 seconds.
  • Maggie will now sit still for a board book.
  • She can count to three (She's a genius!) whenever she wants her daddy to throw her from the coffee table to the couch. 

We really feel our family is so complete with our Maggie Moo Bear! We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of her wearing the glasses is the cutest one yet! This is Daniel's sister, Robin (aka Zanna's sister in-law) . I've been reading your blog since I met you at the wedding (and you told me you had a blog) and finally I made my own so now I can follow you officially. I really enjoy reading it, you're family is so sweet and happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete