Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas 2021

 Our Christmas Eve centered around going back to our church for the children's nativity service. I grabbed a spot for Maggie and Jacob earlier in the month, and the church contacted me to see if Tuttle was interested in being a Wise Man with two other sixth grade students. I was thrilled that all three of my babies could participate this year!

We listened to Daddy read the traditional poetry, set out cookies and milk, and the kids were ready for bed.


Santa got right to work as soon as possible, and everyone made the Nice List, even Jacob.




Ms. Claus searched over an hour for her phone before heading to bed only to discover that it had gone through an entire wash cycle in the washing machine! Amazingly the phone still worked, but the camera was a blurry mess. I was able to take one picture Christmas morning after using the hair dryer to de-fog the camera before it immediately clouded back up. Honestly I felt more present during all the Christmas excitement!


Grandmommy and Grandaddy arrived around noon to celebrate, but sadly the Peace Family had to miss our gathering this year due to positive Covid tests. We are so ready to be done with this global pandemic and all the germs! It was no shock that the grandparents arrived with a car filled to the brim with gifts, and the kids LOVED every surprise! I am truly a full time adult when I could not open my new carpet cleaner and Roomba fast enough!

The Corbitt Christmas finalized our December fest. Larry and Beth hosted the family, and the kids participated in a service project to make hygiene bags to donate to the homeless shelter.


We simplified gift giving a few years ago with a Secret Santa exchange once the family started to grow so quickly. It makes the day more about the people and less about the presents. One of my favorite parts is watching the next generation become friends. Maggie and Gwen's relationship gets sweeter every time they see each other, and Jacob is getting old enough to hang with the big kids.



Maggie and I were twinning in our tops and new fingerprint necklaces, my number one wish for Christmas. Jay hit a home run with my gift. I will love this special piece forever with my babies' fingerprints and their names stamped on the back. (Maggie received a smaller version for helping Jay make it happen!)


This year has been unpredictable but also exciting for our family. We are ready for 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment