Sunday, December 12, 2021

Rocking Around The Christmas Tree

 The fun times keep on rolling through December. I celebrated with another moms' night out on Thursday with dinner and a gift exchange with the 6th grade moms at Peach and the Porkchop. Navigating middle school is challenging, and I am relieved to be surrounded by such sweet friends.

Maggie and Jacob enjoyed participating in The Giving Tree at their school to collect toys for needy families in the community on Friday. Luckily I was substitute teaching in 3rd grade, so I was able to attend the assembly.


After a quick nap to recover from subbing, we headed into Atlanta for our Annual Atlanta Botanical Garden Lights trip. Rain was predicted, but the weather was actually quite warm with no rain in sight. The gardens looks especially beautiful this year with new additions to the lights. Because Tuttle was not feeling 100%, we did not linger too long. It was one of our best years at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens!




Maggie did not have gym on Saturday, so we were able to sleep in a little bit before Piper's 5th birthday party at Catch Air. I did not snap any pictures, but it was a wild and crazy time celebrating our wild and crazy niece!

While Jay was wining and dining with friends, I left the kids at home with Christmas movies to attend my girlfriend's birthday party and gender reveal. She is still sharing with some family members, so I have to wait to announce, but it was another memorable night with my favorite neighbor freinds!


This morning Jay stayed home with Tuttle who is still feeling under the weather while I took Maggie and Jacob to church to practice for the nativity processional. All three kids received parts this year with Tuttle as a Wise Man, Maggie as an angel, and Jacob as a shepherd. I cannot wait to see them all dressed up on Christmas Eve!



Our afternoon has been spent recovering from all the action, watching Christmas movies, and prepping for Jacob's Frosty Day tomorrow at school. One more week of school before winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment