Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Break Week

This week Tuttle was on spring break from preschool, so I filled the week with a fun activity every day. My family never went on a beach vacation like a lot of my friends' families during spring break, so my mom always planned some field trips around Atlanta to make the week special. I guess I am carrying on the tradition! :)

Monday we spent about three hours outside at Keswick Park. We met friends for a picnic playdate. 


 Since we had enjoyed the spring weather so much, we went on a walk after naps to soak up some more sunshine. Tuttle helped out with the heavy load.


Tuesday we went to Zoo Atlanta with Kristin, Connor, Val, and Baby Charles. I bought a membership earlier this year, and I know I will get my money's worth. I could go every week!



Wednesday our storytime had a special presentation instead of the regular reading and craft. An organization brought different bunnies into the library, and the kids learned about each one. Afterward the kids could hold and pet the bunnies. Tuttle LOVED it, Maggie was not phased at all, and Ellie was terrified! 




After naps we FINALLY had a playdate with the Foley family. Jack and Lily had been sick for over a week with ear infections, bad colds, and high fevers. We were so happy to be reunited with our friends!



Thursday we visited the Georgia Aquarium with Kristen, Jack, and Lily. We could not believe how empty the building was. We zipped right through each exhibit, and the kids could really get close to all the animals. After lunch, the aquarium became a MAD HOUSE! I was so relieved we had seen most of the animals right away!


Tuttle's favorite animal at the aquarium has always been the white alligator. (I find this strange.) Today the alligator was pretty hidden in his tank. As Tuttle was attempting to see him, he swam right over to Tuttle and literally put his snout up to Tuttle's face! Tuttle was in heaven with his albino friend.


Maggie was MESMERIZED!
 

Despite all the fun, Maggie has experienced four rough nights in a row with waking up crying, and it was getting worse. I decided it was time to take her to the doctor, and luckily we were able to solve the problem: ear infection. :(
 
Tomorrow we are looking forward to a park playdate and picnic with the kids from Tuttle's class and their parents. Tuttle has really missed seeing his friends this week. 

Happy Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment