Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Recap

We kept our calendar very full this weekend, like usual. The babies and I headed to Stone Mountain on Friday with Val and Baby Charles. Luckily the weather turned from yucky rain all day Thursday and Friday morning to a beautiful spring day. We walked around the mountain first. I was not aware the complete circle was FIVE MILES. I successfully completed the loop with Maggie in the baby carrier and Tuttle and Ellie in the double stroller! We had a picnic at a playground there and ended the morning exploring around the carved part of the mountain. Tuttle kept requesting to climb the moutain, but I satisfied him by allowing him to climb around some big rocks. :)



I had been looking forward to Saturday for several weeks now. I am the maidren of honor in Zanna and Daniel's wedding in May, and we celebrated the upcoming event with a kitchen shower and the bachelorette party! Jay kept the kids all day and spent the night at Gram and Grump's house, so we could use our house as home base for the night.

Zanna's mom's friends hosted her kitchen shower. It was the traditional southern affair with a sit-down brunch using the beautiful family china. I love showers of any kind, but I especially love showers honoring special people in my life. Zanna has been dating Daniel nine and a half years, so this wedding is the event of the century!!


Later Saturday evening we started the bachelorette party with a lingerie shower at my house. We played a little game that showed how well Zanna knows Daniel. She impressed us with all her knowledge. I did not even know some of the answers that Jay would say- I had to ask him!!

Next we headed to dinner at Twist and then danced the night away at some of the bars in Buckhead. We stayed out way too late, but I loved every second celebrating my best friend!


Sunday was very low-key. Jay did some yard work, and I took the babies on a long walk with a friend and to the park.

We are already LOVING the weather this week. The high is near EIGHTY DEGREES every day! We met some friends for a park playdate and picnic this morning and played outside for 2.5 hours. Everyone took a good nap! :)


 The best shot I could get. :(


Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment