Monday, December 17, 2018

Holiday Hype

Jacob had his singing debut on Friday at his holiday program. Maggie begged to leave school to watch Little Boy in action, and it worked out well because I could take photos while she videoed with my phone. Jacob had been practicing for weeks now, so I was eager to watch him perform with his class. 


The good news is that Jacob stayed on stage the entire time despite seeing me on the front row. He also was absolutely adorable with his little waves and smiles. The bad news is that he did not sing one word and proceeded to pick his nose in front of the audience. :)



We attempted a Pinterest craft with complete success on Friday night: Three Ingredient Cinnamon Ornaments. All three kids could equally participate, and our house smelled amazing with all the cinnamon. We will definitely make this project annually now. I would love an entire tree covered in them!



Sadly Tuttle caught whatever stomach bug Jacob had earlier in the week, and the boys and I stayed home from Piper's 2nd birthday on Saturday. We literally vegged out in front of the t.v. all day. Maggie and Daddy loved celebrating our little Pip Squeak!

Sunday we were back to real life and went to church early for Tuttle and Maggie's nativity practice for Christmas Eve. 


We celebrated our first family Christmas on Sunday evening at Gram and Grump's house with all the children. 



We enjoyed a catered dinner and watching all the little kids open gifts. Tuttle, Maggie, and Jacob all went home with big surprises! Tuttle received a ship in a bottle Lego kit, Maggie unwrapped a new American Girl doll, and Jacob was elated to open a construction set. They each went home with new books, too! Luckily this is only the beginning of the family time with Gram and Grumps for the holidays. Thank you for such a fun start!



I started to feel sick last night, so I headed to bed early. I do not have time to be sick, so after a lazy morning with Jacob in school, I bounced back. We have too many fun activities to prepare for this week before the final day of school on Friday.


We are trying to soak up all the holiday memories this year. The kids are at the perfect ages to experience Christmas through the eyes of a child. I could not be happier with my little life.

No comments:

Post a Comment