Thursday, December 6, 2018

Maggie's Holiday Program

Maggie started us off with her holiday program on Tuesday, but unfortunately it did not go as well as we had hoped.

On Monday night Jay and Maggie were playing on her swinging bar in the mudroom, and she made a complete face plant into the hardwood floor. Her front tooth went through her lip and out her chin. Amazingly it was a clean slice and the bleeding stopped fairly quickly. We made the decision to reassess it in the morning after she slept with us. She guaranteed there was no pain on Tuesday, so she went to school. I asked the nurse to check on her, and they called with a great report. She dodged a bullet on keeping all her teeth and not needing stitches. 

She was all smiles heading into the holiday program at the high school.


After checking her in the trouble started. Jay was held up with the work emergency and did not make the show. Jacob was not interested in sitting in his chair. I was hopeful that the performance would keep his attention, but I was wrong.  The final straw was when he attempted to climb onto the stage during Maggie's songs, so I had to carry a terrible tantrum toddler out of the auditorium and miss my sweet girl's showcase. I was so angry and tearful. 


Tuttle and I agreed not to mention my absence to Maggie, and we both raved about how wonderful she was singing with her class. Tuttle assured me that she really did do a great job. 


Jacob was immediately put to bed when we arrived home, but I let Maggie stay up a little later to help finish assembling the Christmas cards. 


I am thankful for happy and resilient babies, busted lip and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment