Monday, October 1, 2012

Bulldawgs, Birthday, and Babies

I had been looking forward to this past weekend for a while now! Jay, Maggie, and I headed to Athens to cheer on the Bulldawgs against the Tennessee Volunteers and celebrate my 28th birthday. Tuttle stayed with Grandmommy and Grandaddy for a little one-on-one time. I will post some pictures from his exciting weekend soon!

Our family is so fortunate to have Granny's house to use while we are in Athens. Jay has so many memories at the house, and we are thrilled that our kids can grow up making memories there, too. Jon and Stephanie stayed with us this weekend, and they are always so much fun. I do not understand where Jon's energy comes from, but he is ALWAYS eager to make the most of every second. Stephanie has also become one of my good friends. We LOVE the Pooles!


We got ready early Saturday morning and headed out to tailgate. Our friends set up a new tailgate where the old KA house used to be located, so it was near downtown and the fairly close to the stadium. Maggie was such a good girl the whole time. She was all smiles showing off her cute Georgia outfit!




I was able to meet up with Brittany and Sari for a few minutes. Unfortunately, Maggie was not allowed in the outdoor bar, so we had to keep our catching up brief, but I loved seeing them. 



Anne came by the tailgate with her sweet friend, Allie. :)


When the game started, Maggie and I headed back to Granny's house to rest while Jay, Jon, and Stephanie cheered on the Dawgs at the game. I had the perfect spot to watch the Dawgs win cuddled up on the couch! GO DAWGS!

After the game, I met up with everyone at a yummy seafood restaurant, Square One. Jay and I split THREE DOZEN oysters! We also devoured some tuna and seafood bisque. It was the best way to celebrate my birthday with good friends.

Yesterday, Stephanie and I came back to Atlanta for Katie's baby shower to celebrate her baby boy due in November. It was held at Heather's BEAUTIFUL house, and the food was absolutely AMAZING. There were spinach and bacon pinwheels that were to die for! I had to resist eating the cake because I knew I would not be able to stop. :) Katie received a lot of great gifts. It is always fun looking at cute baby items, and boy stuff continues to get better each year.




We cannot wait to snuggle Baby Boy Griffith very soon!

Sadly, we had to reschedule meeting Baby Charles due to a toddler with a cold, rainy weather, and trying to squeeze too much into one weekend. We are looking forward to visiting with the Burke family next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment