Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend of Parties

Our family just had a FABULOUS weekend full of parties. The kids and I started Saturday shoe shopping with Gram. After lunch, I left the kids with Gram and Grumps and headed for a haircut alone. It was so relaxing to spend some time getting pampered. 

I took a THREE HOUR nap, and then Jay and I dressed up to attend my ten year high school reunion at Sweet Water Brewery. I was very excited to see all my old friends. 


Almost all of my best girlfriends came to the event. It is crazy that now all of us are either engaged or married. We reminisced about all the funny stunts we pulled as teenagers. I wish I saw these girls more often.



Although I graduated with almost 600 people, I though the turnout to the reunion was very successful. The girls that put the event together did such an impressive job. The food was yummy (Moes catered!) and the music was mostly songs from our high school days. :)


I cannot wait to see everyone again at our twenty year reunion! Go Hoyas!!

My mom kept the kids until noon today, so Jay and I slept in and relaxed at the house for the morning. We ended the weekend with a baby shower for Stephanie and Jonathan.

Jonathan's mom and sister hosted the shower, and every detail was perfect. Jonathan's mom has the BEST house for entertaining. She even hired babysitters to watch the kids. What a great touch!! 



Jay's friends are such a close group, and I love to celebrate all our exciting life events together.





Stephanie is such a cute pregnant lady! She obviously did not take after me and become a whale!


We feasted on a low country boil, yummy macaroni and cheese, and tiny key lime pies. 


The kids' area had little games and a table full of colorful wigs to dress up.


Hilarious!
 

Our family cannot wait to welcome Baby Poole into the group. He is going to be one loved little boy!!


Bring on the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment