Saturday, December 28, 2013

Corbitt Christmas Celebration

We ended our Christmas season with a brunch at my mom's house with the Corbitt side of the family. We met at 9:30am, so my mom served scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, fruit salad, cheese grits, and chicken biscuits. Everyone ate way too much. Maggie went back for seconds and thirds! :)
 
 
I love, love, love exchanging gifts with my family because everyone puts so much thought into shopping. Anne won the award for "Best Gift"- Tuttle has been living in his new ninja costume since he ripped open the package.
 
 
I think the morning was a little overwhelming for Maggie because she wanted to be held by me or Gram the whole time during the gift exchange.
 
 
At one point, Jay took her into the other room for a few minutes of quiet time, and it quickly resulted in this:
 
 
It was the best morning to wrap up Christmas 2013. 
 


 
Dave followed us home to deliver Tuttle and Maggie's big gifts: a mini trampoline and a custom built dress-up wardrobe. Dave can make absolutely ANYTHING, and the wardrobe is the perfect way to organize all the costumes overtaking my life! :) (Side note: Dave has announced he will not take on anymore of my crazy project ideas until he retires in about a year. I am choosing the ignore that statement!) Tuttle lives in costume, which I LOVE, and now I can store them in a pretty way, especially since he added an army man, a knight, a firefighter, and a ninja to the collection this Christmas.
 

 
 
Tomorrow we are celebrating Daddy's birthday with a lazy day at home and a family dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment