Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Playing Weekend Catch-Up

We had such a nice little weekend despite the cold rain. Friday I snuck off to my mom's house around the babies' bedtime to spend the night. We had plans to go to the Marietta Tour of Homes early the next morning. It has become a tradition to attend the event each year with my mom's friends, but they could not come this year. I insisted to my mom that we still go, and I am so glad we did!

We started the morning off with breakfast at Gabriel's Desserts, a DELICIOUS bakery in Marietta. We obviously had to pick up some extra treats to take home, including Christmas cookies for the babies and a quart of tomato basil soup for me.

There are six houses on the tour each year, and we expected to see about half of them, but we were pleasantly surprised at the small crowds to view the homes. We saw five houses in record time! I loved spending the morning with my mom.

(Not the best selfie, but you get the point!)


Next I headed home to help Jay pack up the car for our Third Annual Friendsgiving. CJ hosted the event this year at his house, and almost everyone could come. There were also two brand new additions: Baby Whit Horton and Baby Lawson Poole.


 
The food was soooo yummy. I brought dressing and gravy, but my favorite dishes were the candied yams and squash souffle. I went back for seconds and thirds!

On a side note, when I left Friday night for my mom's house, I left Jay with a MOUNTAIN of dishes to clean after cooking the dressing for Friendsgiving. He hand washed and cleaned the kitchen top to bottom with NO complaints. I have a keeper! :)


 
The SEC Championship game was on, so all the guys enjoyed watching a little football. CJ has such a great house for entertaining, so everyone found their own little space to hang out.


We are so thankful for our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment