Monday, September 19, 2011

Beach Bound to Pensacola

This past weekend I flew to Pensacola to visit one of my best friends, Zanna. She and her boyfriend were stationed in Del Rio, Texas for the past two years for his position in the Air Force and recently were relocated to the beach! Jay kept Tuttle for the weekend, so it was a completely relaxing getaway. :)

 Although I am almost 27 (in one week), this was the first time I had braved the Atlanta airport on my own. I successfully took Marta from Brookhaven to the airport, checked my luggage, and boarded my plane. If you are aware of my sense of direction, this accomplishment is nothing short of a miracle!

I arrived in Pensacola in the afternoon and toured Zanna's cute little house. We took a quick walk, ate a DELICIOUS dinner of homemade chicken and dumplings, and darted off to the beach to enjoy the sunset.




The next day, we enjoyed a long beach walk and getting pampered with pedicures. Afterward, we met Daniel for lunch at a restaurant on the water. I ordered a lunch portion seafood pasta, and it honestly would have fed a village. The rest of the afternoon was spent primping for the Air Force Ball that evening!


I styled Zanna's and my hair for the ball. Maybe I am in the wrong profession? 



My wonderful hosts for the weekend 
 

Since I booked my tickets so early, Zanna did not find out the Air Force Ball was the same weekend until later. Instead of opting out of the fun, we decided Daniel needed TWO hot dates! I even was able to rewear a bridesmaid's dress from a friend's wedding. Who ever had the opportunity to do that? (I realize many do not want the opportunity! Hehe)

The ball was held at the National Naval Aviation Museum. It was amazing to eat dinner under such beautiful and impressive planes. Although we were surprised there was no dancing, Zanna and I decided it was a blessing since our feet were being punished for our shoe choices. We did rock the shoes, though!
On Sunday, I slept in until 9:00....yeah!! As a finale to the great weekend, Zanna and I went to an afternoon showing of The Lion King! :) We belted out every song and had the best time reliving childhood memories.


Thanks for the best BEACH weekend, Zanna and Daniel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment