Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cinebistro

Tuttle headed to Madison this weekend to visit Grandmommy and Granddaddy, so Jay and I were able to have two date nights! Friday, we ate a yummy dinner at Aja compliments of a Scoutmob coupon. We rarely treat ourselves to sushi, so we gobbled up several rolls, nigiri, and sashimi.

After practically sleeping all day on Saturday :), we met Jackie and Andrew for a double date at the new Cinebistro that opened in Brookhaven. Jackie is due with her second baby, a BOY!, in four weeks, so it was perfect to meet up as one last hoorah before their family's life gets a little crazy with two under age two!


I had never been to a theater that serves dinner. We had to buy tickets and reserve our seats in advance, plus arrive 30 minutes early for the movie. We sat in big comfy loveseats and ordered dinner during the previews from an impressive menu. 



I ordered seared tuna with a side Caesar salad, and Jay ordered a gourmet burger with a side Caesar as well as a 420 beer. Our spread was definitely a step up from Coke and popcorn!


We saw Moneyball and really enjoyed it. The movie involved statistics in baseball, and Jay told me his work is very similar! I knew Jay was extremely smart, but the calculations involved in the movie blew my mind!!

I was thrilled that Jackie and Andrew drove from Marietta to double date with us! Even though Jackie and I talk on the phone almost everyday, we rarely see each other in person. We realized the last time had been at Tuttle's party in APRIL!! Luckily, I will see the Workmon family very soon to hold their new baby boy!! :)


Jay and I both agree that a babyless weekend allows us to recharge our batteries and reconnect as a couple. It may need to become a monthly event-- I do not think Grandmommy and Granddaddy would object either! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment