Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sick No More

Yesterday I finally took Tuttle to the doctor to get him checked out after his weekend of being so pitiful. I wanted to rule out ear infections. I was so glad I decided to take the day off because he was so worn out in the waiting room. He was such a trooper and let our doctor check him out. I truly believe his pretend doctor kit at home from his Aunt Peach makes the real instruments become less scary. :)

We went home with no real answers other than ruling out ear infections and strep throat. (I also stocked up on more formula for Maggie Ruth. My OBGYN and Tuttle's pediatrician offer samples, so I ALWAYS ask for anything available. Our pantry looks like an episode of Hoarders, but that stuff is expensive!!)

After a few more hours of acting like a sick little boy and a nap in Mommy and Daddy's bed, Tuttle was ready to play. It shocks me how easily kids bounce back. When I have a sick day, I lay in bed and watch trashy tv all day, but Tuttle was begging to go outside by late afternoon. 

I had to keep Tuttle home from preschool since he has to be 24 hours without a fever, and we decided it was best not to nanny since we did not know what the next day would look like.

Tuttle was completely back to normal today! :) We rearranged the playroom, spent a little time at the park, went for pizza at Cosco, picked up some supplies for his party on Saturday and grabbed ice cream as a special treat. Doesn't ice cream always make everything better?

 Photo from Instagram, but I am not happy with the quality of my camera phone anymore. Time for an upgrade???

No comments:

Post a Comment