Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Our family had the best and most relaxing Mother's Day weekend! We started off our Saturday with breakfast at J.Christopher's after Jay's boot camp run. After giving Tuttle a taste of the whipped cream on my hot chocolate, we were the healthiest of parents and allowed him to have a ramekin of whipped cream to ensure a few minutes of calm behavior at a restaurant. 


After filling up on yummy food, we headed across the street to the Brookhaven Farmers' Market. I went last year and was a little disappointed, but I have seen a lot of advertising this year about changes, so we decided to give it a shot.

Tuttle was obsessed with the duck that a vendor brought to his booth. He dragged us back SEVERAL times to quack at his new friend.


Last year I was surprised at the lack of fresh veggies, but this year proved to be an improvement. 


A small jazz band started to play toward the end of our visit, and Tuttle did not want to miss out on the music. He was very focused on the guitar, drums, and saxophone. I truly believe he will be a musician one day.



We did not have cash on us to bring anything home, but we will definitely be back!

When we arrived home, Jay suggested that I get a pedicure while he watched Tuttle. That sounded like the most relaxing idea, but once I laid on the sofa for a few minutes, I decided a nap would be even more relaxing. I slept for three hours! :)

Jay and I recently made a checklist of tasks that needed to be completed to paint Tuttle's room. We crossed the first item off after our naps: Clean out EVERYTHING, including blinds. 


Tuttle helped with his Home Depot tool set.


We ended the day eating out again. This never happens, especially with Tuttle in tow, but Mexican food was calling our names. Tuttle ate the healthiest of meals again: chips, cheese dip, and sour cream. I think it is safe to say that our boy has become a typical picky toddler!

I started off this morning by sleeping in until 9:00 and having breakfast (McDonalds) in bed. Perfection!

We worked on Tuttle's room a little bit more today. 




I did not take any pictures today because I stayed in my pajamas until 2:00, but the entire family relaxed in the living room while Grandmommy, Grandaddy, and Aunt Peach visited. 


Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Tuttle watching the Jazz band! Looks like it was a lovely weekend indeed. Happy belated mothere's day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like the picture of Tuttle and Jay on the ladder in his room. So sweet! We need to shoot together soon.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! I just realized that when Maggie gets here it will be "A Tale of Four Thornes!"

    ReplyDelete