Friday, May 11, 2012

My New Project

I may be crazy, but I have decided to take on a new project before our little girl arrives. I have always wanted to have a green thumb, but I have managed to kill everything from a small herb garden at our apartment to a bouquet of flowers. I have decided to take on a big job: a vegetable garden! We already have the foundation for one in our backyard, so today Tuttle and I weeded it and cleaned out a ton of mulch and rocks.

Here is our finished project. It is officially ready for vegetables!


Tuttle has a gardening class at his preschool, and he LOVES getting his hands in the dirt. I am hoping to really incorporate it into my preschool curriculum at home once Maggie Ruth arrives.

Tuttle had to take a popsicle break during the hard work. I am not sure if more sticky mess ended up in his mouth or ALL OVER his body (tummy, arms, face, hands, legs!). 


Any gardening tips for beginners? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment