Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wedding Fun and The Brookhaven Bolt

Jay and I celebrated the marriage of Jon and Stephanie Friday night at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. We had been looking forward to this wedding for a LONG time, and everyone was ready to make Stephanie officially part of the group! :)


I decided not to drag my big camera to the event, so we only took a few pictures on Jay's phone. 

The wedding was ABSOLUTELY perfect. I had never attended a wedding at the botanical gardens, and it proved to be as breathtaking as I imagined it would be! Perfect spring weather, a live band, and yummy food, including a martini glass of shrimp and grits. I ate two helpings!

Jay toasted the couple, and he impressed everyone. He is such a great speaker and really put into words what a true and loyal friend that Jon is to everyone he encounters. He is one of those people who really seems interested in talking to you and always makes sure everyone is having fun!

My favorite part of going to weddings with Jay is his dancing skills. I am a HORRIBLE dancer, and he is such a strong lead that he makes me look good. Maggie Ruth apparently enjoyed the band because she danced the night away, as well.

This morning, I pulled myself out of bed after our late night at the wedding to walk in the Brookhaven Bolt. It is a 5k in our neighborhood that benefits the elementary school, and Tuttle and I have walked in the race for the last three years. We walked it this year with Jamie, Matt, and Will. I loved having another prego momma by my side because I was worn out after our walk to the starting line!


Here we are in 2010. Tuttle was only a little over a month old! He is barely peeking over the stroller tray!
 

The Brewer Family
 

After the race, vendors had set up booths to promote their businesses in the area. One of the vendors brought live chickens. Tuttle and Will were impressed. Tuttle even tried to get in the cage!
 

We took a popcorn break before Tuttle played in the jump houses with all the big kids- no fear!
 

Jamie and I decided to stroll the boys over to the Brookhaven Farmers' Market after the race excitement. I am so happy that our neighborhood is really starting to establish itself with events because it gives it a small town feel in the craziness of Atlanta. It makes me smile that I can run into several people that I know at local spots like the farmers' market each week.
 

Tuttle stole my King of Pops popsicle after I made the mistake of letting him see it! We gobbled up a "grapefruit mint" frozen treat.


I snapped a few pictures of the boys in Matt and Jamie's newly landscaped front lawn. 
 
 

Exhaustion had set in for both of us. Tuttle and I slept the afternoon away when we arrived home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment