Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hooray for Tuttle!

Disclaimer: I fully realize Tuttle will kill me for posting these pictures one day.

I was going to post about Tuttle's preschool Thanksgiving party today, but we have much bigger news! Tuttle pee peed on the potty THREE TIMES today! It was his first time ever using the potty!


The babies and I stopped by Target this morning to pick up a couple things, and I found a set of Spiderman underwear and undershirt. I could not pass them up to encourage Tuttle to like the potty.

He wanted to wear the shirt, but he was less than thrilled about the underwear. I decided to move his Cars potty to the kitchen, so he would not feel isolated. I also gave him unlimited Coca Cola to increase his need to go. I found a YouTube television show about going to the potty to get him to set still longer, as well.


After watching the show one and a half times, Tuttle was ready to go play. As soon as he reached his train table, he peed on the floor. 

I decided to try the whole "no underwear" approach. Wouldn't you know it, but it TOTALLY worked! Tuttle has now told me THREE times that he needed to go, and he actually peed on the potty. I am ignoring the fact that most of the pee actually ended up on the floor! He was sitting on the potty when it happened, and each time his aim improved! :)

We immediately cheered, high-fived, and called Grandmommy, Grandaddy, Aunt Peach, Daddy, Gram, and Grumps to celebrate!

Could this be the end to diapers? All aboard the Potty Train!

P.S. Maggie is the cutest little girl alive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment