Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 Part II

We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Corbitt family today. I had been looking forward to seeing my family all week. It is such a small group, so everyone is very close.


Maggie snuggled with some of the relatives before she realized how tired she was from not napping as very much today. Then she was only somewhat happy in my arms.




Jay had to multi-task during the celebration to fill urgent orders for Home Depot due to Hurricane Sandy. No rest for the weary.

Tuttle and Gwen interacted a lot more this visit. Since Emily, Robb, and Gwen live in Philadelphia and can only visit a couple times a year, Gwen is drastically every time we see her. I love watching our kids play together! Gwen even learned to say Tuttle's name this time. :) There is about a year difference between Tuttle and Gwen and about a year different between Gwen and Maggie.


The food is always delicious, and it did not disappoint this year. I look forward to the traditional favorites of cornbread dressing, marshmallow sweet potatoes, squash souffle, deviled eggs, and mashed potatoes. Although I was swinging Maggie in her carseat as I ate, I enjoyed EVERY calorie-filled bite, including the cheesecake cupcake that I split with Anne.


 Tuttle performed for an adoring audience again as he sang his ABC's and played various instrument. That boy lives for everyone's undivided attention.

Maggie fell asleep in my arms which has NEVER happened before. I savored every sweet second.


The countdown to Christmas has officially begun now!

No comments:

Post a Comment