Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

Jay and I do not have any memorable New Year's Eve plans to report because we were both asleep before 10pm, but Jay's New Year's Day tradition continued into 2013. Jay always cooks a traditional New Year's Day meal complete with corned beef, collard green, black eyed peas, rice, and cornbread. He invites over his friends, so people drop by to start the new year off right. Some people stay 20 minutes for a quick bite, and some stay for a while. This year we had the Georgia football game playing on our new television!

The Hortons came by to celebrate 2013.


 
Jay does such a fantastic job preparing all the food. I do not set foot in the kitchen. I just get to enjoy the yummy meal! :)


Tuttle insisted on wearing his Bulldawg uniform to watch the game. He had a blast throwing the football back and forth with Daddy.




Maggie has discovered her favorite teething toy. Remind me why I buy expensive toys again?

 
I have set several resolutions for 2013. I plan to write a letter a week to someone, read a book a month, and attend church 50% or more Sundays for the year. Wish me luck!


Happy New Year! 
We hope to relax during 2013 without any huge life events (job changes, babies, home searches, etc.). We have experienced a whirlwind the past four years, so we just want a quiet year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment