Thursday, January 17, 2013

Little Big Girl

The last week has been pretty low key at our house. It has been raining, raining, and raining, so the kids and I have been stuck inside more than usual. I am looking forward to a weekend of sunshine.


Do you know that day when your child magically changes from a little baby to a big girl? That happened to Maggie this week. Honestly, the first four or five months were hard. Not as hard as many parents have it, but between the colic/acid reflux/lactose intolerance/does not like to take naps during the day, it was a difficult time for me. Maggie is now on effective medication, smiles constantly, can play independently, and sleeps much better!

We started solid foods. She was not a fan of rice cereal (much like her big brother), so I went straight to fruits and vegetables. In a matter of days, she started eating a jar of baby food at lunch and dinner. She LOVES peas and green beans, but she has also eaten bananas, apples, pears, sweet potatoes, and squash.


We have been practicing sitting up without assistance. She can successfully stay upright for about 30 seconds if there is something in front of her that she is interested in, causing her to lean forward slightly. It is still a work in progress.



Both Maggie and Tuttle was been lazy bones in the morning for the week. Maybe it is the rain? Maggie makes it until 7:15 or so (She typically eats a quick bottle sometime between 5am and 6am), and Tuttle has been sleeping until 7:30. There is something about the magical hour of 7am that does not feel like you are up too early. 

Tuttle has gone TWO DAYS now without an accident! YEAH! I bought a new potty seat that attaches to a regular potty, and I literally take it everywhere. I hope this will create some consistency with going in public. I even leave it with his teachers at preschool and church. Hooray to no more diapers! We are venturing to the pet store to check out the animals after naptime as a reward for staying dry at school today. :)

On a sad side note, Tuttle did receive his first spanking two days ago. He has started to get very distracted when he is given directions. After a warning to come eat lunch, he refused and had to deal with the consequence. Although eating lunch is not that serious, it is more about the fact that many of my directions have to do with safety issues like getting in the car when I am loading all three kids up to go somewhere or not running through the kitchen after I mopped. I have started telling Tuttle to put on his "listening ears" before I am giving specific instructions, and this has helped keep him focused on following directions.


Jay and I are looking foward to another relaxing weekend with the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment