Monday, March 25, 2013

Mini Vacation and Major Milestone

Jay and I had been looking forward to this past weekend for a while now, and it finally arrived! We both took Friday off and loaded the car for a kid-less mini vacation in Athens. We stopped in Madison to drop the babies off at Grandmommy and Grandaddy's house and headed to Athens to stay at Granny's house. We could not wait to sleep A LOT and eat at several of our favorite Athens restaurants.

We spent Friday afternoon napping, watching mindless televison, and grabbing dinner at Inoko Express. Yum! We talked about going to a movie, but we decided that uninterrupted lounging and sleep took priority.

Saturday we slept in until 9:30am! I had a Facetime date at 11:30 to wedding dress shop with my best friend, Zanna, in Florida. I love modern technology!! She found the most amazing dress, and I cannot wait to watch her strut her stuff in May! Next we drove around Athens a little bit and met some old friends at Aqua Linda for lunch. We had not seen Brandon and Laura in three years, so we had a lot to catch up on, especially the new arrival of their beautiful baby, Lily! :)



With very full stomachs we headed back to Granny's for some relaxing. I took a three hour nap which was HEAVEN! Then we headed downtown for dinner at Last Resort. Although we had to wait about an hour for a table, it was well worth the wait, and we enjoyed a delicious meal complete with dessert from Celicia's bakery (who made our wedding cake!).


My Favorite Athens Dish: Last Resort Praline Chicken
(It was presented much prettier, but I realized I wanted a picture after I had already dived in!)


Then we met up with Carrie and Jason for drinks at Trappeze Pub. I was very impressed that we were out after midnight! :)

Fuzzy Picture, Great Memory


After another morning of sleeping in, we were ready to snuggle our babies! The weekend was perfect and really allowed us to recharge. I am already looking forward to another weekend of hubby time! :)

Sunday I reminded Jay that he needed to lower Maggie's crib. She is obsessed with standing and had been attempting to pull herself up the past several days. It was a good thing the crib was lowered because as soon as I put Maggie to bed, she stood up unassisted! Big Girl!!



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment