Friday, March 8, 2013

Piedmont Park Perfection and Random News

When I realized the high for today was close to SIXTY DEGREES, I knew we had to get outside and enjoy a taste of spring weather. Kristen and I decided Piedmont Park was the perfect place to let the kids run around and have a picnic. Val and Baby Charles were in, too. I remembered to pack some bread to feed to the birds, as well. :)


Val and Baby Charles


Tuttle climbed, ran, and even found a group of big boys that let him join them in a Nerf gun game. I knew the pretending to fight and attack one another was coming, but when did Tuttle get big enough to play those games? Can't he just stay a little baby who is happy banging together some measuring cups in his highchair. :(


 Ellie was movin' and groovin' all over the playground. 

 After a picnic, we headed over to the pond to check out the ducks/geese. The girls missed the fun because they wore themselves out on the playground!


Val gave Tuttle some tips on throwing bread to the birds. :)



Jack and Tuttle are so sweet together. I love that they are buddies because I enjoy hanging out with Kristen so much!




Today was a great introduction into spring!

Maggie had two milestones this week. 
On a positive note, she has started holding her own bottle like a big girl!


As you can see, she even has that award-winning smile while she drinks her milk!

On a negative note, Maggie got her first ear infection. After an AWFUL night Tuesday that included A LOT of crying and Maggie sleeping in my arms for three hours while I sat upright in the recliner, I took her to the doctor to find out the problem. Luckily we caught it super early. I dressed her up because everyone feels better once they take a bath and put on some cute clothes. She even smiles when she is sick. LOVE this baby girl!


This pictures just makes me smile. Show me those muscles!


Last but not least, Jay and I went on a sushi date tonight, and I used a babysitter for the first time EVER! Our families want to see the kids so often that we never had the need to find a sitter, but I wanted to have someone that I could call more last minute. Carol was recommended to me from a group I use on Facebook of moms in the neighborhood. She was FABULOUS! 


Yes, I asked this poor girl to pose for a picture for my blog. :)

Jay and I tried out the new sushi restaurant right around the corner called The One, and it could not have been more delicious. I should have taken pictures of the dishes, especially my dessert, because the presentation was as impressive as the food. We will definitely be back very soon, and I loved having a date night with my hubby! 

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment