Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Springtime, Standing, and Storytime

Just like everyone else in Atlanta, we have been soaking up the warmer weather! I take the babies outside every chance we get. Tuttle always naps later than the girls, so I am itching to load up the stroller the moment he wakes up. Sometimes I cannot stand it and wake him up early! :)

This past weekend we spend some time in the yard with Daddy. Our neighbors stopped by for a little visit, too. I absolutely love our neighborhood and all the friends we have made.







Maggie is officially mobile now. She is starting to piece together moving her hands and legs at the same time to crawl, but she can scoot and pull herself to a toy if she gets determined enough. While she is mastering the crawling skill, she is getting ahead of herself and really prefers to stand up and hold onto something for support. I think her crawling will be VERY short lived before she is cruising/walking. She is an over-achiever already! :)


She can pull herself to her knees unassisted. 
 

I think Maggie especially loves being at the same level as her big brother.



Speaking of standing up, Tuttle is now obsessed with peeing outside. He will even tell me inside that he needs to go to the potty and then insist that he finds a tree or bush outside. At what age does this turn into indecent exposure? :)


I have mentioned that we go to storytime in past posts, but I wanted to be more specific about this new found treasure. I was looking for a storytime after the New Year that would be a regular activity for Wednesdays. I had been disappointed with the Barnes and Noble storytime, and our local library has very sporadic vacations, and I could never keep up with whether or not they were meeting. After a couple times of loading three babies into the car and arriving to an empty library, I knew it was time for a different location!


I decided to try out the Doraville library location. We absolutely LOVE it and have been back every week for several months now. The librarian reads about 6-8 books, and Tuttle is glued to the books the entire time. After reading, she always has a craft planned for the kids. Some of our favorite crafts have included a kite, a paper snake, a calendar for Daddy's office, and a fish counting activity for Dr. Seuss' birthday. The girls are entertained with toys and snacks, so they are so good and happy the entire time, too. We look forward to storytime every week!

Jay and I are very excited about a getaway to Athens this weekend while Tuttle and Maggie stay with Grandmommy and Grandaddy. I cannot wait to sleep past 7am!! :)



No reason for the last two pictures. I just find her so darn cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment