Thursday, August 15, 2013

Brookhaven Police Meet and Greet

Today I organized a "Meet and Greet" with the new Brookhaven police force and a group of kids in the area. I was thrilled at the turnout and even more thrilled that the rain held off! Last night I checked the weather, and there was a 50-60% chance of rain predicted for the time I had scheduled the police officers to come to the park. Luckily it was only cloudy and cool. :)


Tuttle has been OBSESSED with police officers and bad guys recently, and he was beyond excited to meet "real" police officers and check out their cars and gear.



The officers were so friendly and sweet to the kids. Tuttle and Gigi climbed in and out of the police cars multiple times!


The backseat was a favorite spot for most of the kids. They loved the bars on the windows.



Maggie got in on the action, as well. She seemed a little too happy in the backseat of a cop car. When her friend, Harper, got in the back with Maggie, Harper was crying while Maggie was rolling around and laughing. I better not see my fiesty little girl in a cop car again! :)


Maggie also loved exploring the driver's seat. She was the very impressed when she found the button to make the siren go off VERY LOUDLY! She loved it and threw a fit when I pulled her out!


I setup a craft for all of the kids to make once they were done visiting with the police officers. Each kid made their own police badge. They turned out really cute!


Thank you so much for a GREAT morning, Brookhaven Police Force!

1 comment: