Thursday, August 1, 2013

Last Day at the Beach

We made sure to stay very busy and try to fit everything into our trip on our last day at St. Simons. Tuttle was determined to return to the Sea Turtle Center in Jekyll Island after our failure to visit the "sick and hurt turtles" the previous day.


While Tuttle and Maggie stay entertained at the Sea Turtle Center, I think the exhibits were geared toward older children and adults. I was disappointed that there was not more hands on experiences, and the sea turtles were difficult to see for our babies. I think Tuttle was expecting human hospital beds with turtle patients because he could not understand where the injured turtles were located.

We returned to St. Simons after our turtle adventure and enjoyed MORE ice cream (I think I gained 10 pounds on ice cream alone!) and browsed around the shops.

After naps, Gram and I attempted eating dinner out again. This time we returned to a restaurant we tried a few years ago, Gnat's Landing. We were optimisitic that the outdoor seating and extra room to roam would make for a successful dinner.



We enjoyed some yummy seafood, but I still prefer to pick up dinner and eat at our cozy beach house. :)

We knew we needed to put our feet in the sand at least once, so we loaded the kids up in the stroller and walked to the beach. It was starting to rain, but we decided to chance it. I am so glad we did because it stopped as soon as we reached the beach. 



Tuttle and Maggie had the best time walking on the sand, digging for treasure, and putting their toes in the water. It was the perfect end to our beach trip with Gram.

This is the same beach location that I visited with sorority sisters and friends for GA/FL games. It is such a different experience visiting with my babies. My, how times have changed!



Thank you for such a memorable vacation, Gram! We cannot wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment