Monday, November 11, 2013

Athens Weekend

This past weekend I dropped the babies off with Grandmommy and Grandaddy and headed to Athens with my best friend, Zanna. She drove up from Florida to spend the weekend cheering on the Dawgs and revisiting our favorite college spots. :)

We started the weekend with a little downtown Athens shopping and dinner at Last Resort. Although the wait for an hour and a half for a table, it was 100% worth it. We meant to save room for dessert, but we were completely stuffed after our meals. 


Saturday I slept in until 9:45 (Woo-Hoo!) and was able to slowly get ready for the game at noon. It was such a luxury to shave my legs and dry my hair! Life with two kids sure changes your perspective. :)

Jay and I had a miscommunication about our season tickets, so he accidentally sold ours to a coworker. Luckily a high school friend posted on Facebook that he had two tickets for free. They were fantastic seats on the front row of the upper level. Since it was the homecoming game, Zanna and I were able to cheer on the Dawgs to victory and watch a large amount of alumni return to the stadium to play in the band, perform with the cheerleaders, and dance with the various groups during the halftime show. 




We headed back to Granny's house after the game and lounged around in our pajamas at five o'clock. We actually got so comfortable that we decided to pick up dinner from Depalmas and continue our laziness instead of heading back downtown for dinner again. I could not think of a better night than talking with my best friend in our jammies with a box of Depalmas takeout and a carton of ice cream. My version of a perfect night is definitely different than our college days!!

Since Zanna had to drive back to Florida, we picked up the kids early the next morning and headed back to Atlanta. The weekend was so nice and refreshing. I cannot wait to see Zanna again! (On a side note, Zanna is going to be reunited with her husband after his deployment this week! Yeah!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment