Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013- Thorne Edition

We celebrated our first Thanksgiving meal at Grandmommy and Grandaddy's this afternoon with the Thorne side of the family. It was a complete success, and everyone left stuffed and happy. 


It was a smaller crowd than usual, so it really gave everyone a chance to catch up. I hate that we only see some of these relatives at major holidays.



Grandmommy did such an impressive job on all the food, like usual. I especially loved how she set the tables this year.



Maggie and Tuttle did really well despite missing naps. Maggie did not start to lose it until 5pm. They were such little hams this year, and both ate up all the attention from the family. Tuttle showed off by counting in Spanish, writing his name, and singing songs. Maggie strutted her stuff by climbing onto every chair in sight, signing "more" to gobble up pumpkin roll, and shouting "bye" whenever someone left to go home.



We were able to officially congratulate Jamie on his engagement to Loribeth. One of my favorite parts of the day was hearing all about their wedding planning. We looked at Jay and my wedding album which I had not looked through in years. We cannot wait for Loribeth to join our family in May!



I caught Tuttle wrestling with Grandaddy and overheard him say, "Grandaddy, you make me so frustrated and stinky!" What a nut!


We have several more Thanksgiving celebrations in the upcoming week. Next up is my family's turkey meal on Saturday. 


Happy Thanksgiving from the Thorne family!

No comments:

Post a Comment