Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

We celebrated a fun and eventful Halloween with the babies. Tuttle has been sick this week with a fever and bad cough, so he missed his preschool Halloween party on Wednesday. I was determined to make his Halloween extra special.

I started the morning with Halloween cinnamon rolls complete with orange icing. I think I ate most of them.

Next I let the kids watch a Barney Halloween special while I cleaned up the kitchen and got everyone dressed for a field trip. Barney is the only show Maggie will pause more than 30  seconds for. It may only be one minute of peace and quite, but I will take it! :)

I promised Tuttle that we could visit the little church pumpkin patch near his preschool for weeks, so I loaded the kids up and headed there to pick out pumpkins to paint at home. We were the only people at the pumpkin patch. No one was even there to take our money, so we used a pumpkin as a paper weight to hold our money on the table with all the baby pumpkins. I guess most people do not wait until Halloween day to buy decorations!




Tuttle and Gigi were very dedicated artists. Maggie painted her face more than her pumpkin.





I convinced Tuttle that a nap was necessary to go trick-or-treating, so he slept for three hours. Unfortunately he woke up feeling less than 100%, but I knew that if we skipped Halloween night that he would be so disappointed. Aunt Peach, the Burke family, and Daddy arrived home, and we dressed in the kids in their costumes.

Maggie and Charles could not have been cuter! I loved it!!


Sweet and Sick Little Boy


All The Kids Dressed Up :)


Tuttle was so good, but pitiful, as we walked to the main trick-or-treat spot in our neighborhood. One main street is closed to traffic, and police officers are hired to watch the area. Although it was a long way, I knew Tuttle would enjoy seeing his friends and checking out the best decorated houses. Both Tuttle and Maggie had a good time walking up to the houses and filling their buckets with candy.




By the end of the night Tuttle was obviously sick. He rode back in the wagon. When we got him ready for bed, he was very tired and felt hot to the touch. After taking his temperature, it read 104.8 degrees!! Off to the emergency room, we headed. 

Details in the next post. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment