Thursday, November 7, 2013

Candyland

We have survived a busy week of preschool, park playdates, Legoland adentures, Bible study discussions, and trying to soak up the fall weather before it gets too cold. I think the best part of the week was finally waving goodbye to the sickness that plagued the Thorne family for about 10 days. :)

One of my new favorite activities to do with Tuttle is play Candyland. Not only does it bring back my own childhood memories, but it is such a special time for us because we only play when Maggie goes to bed, so we can focus on the game only. Jay and I were excited for Tuttle to learn new life lessons from playing games, too, such as how to take turns, really play a game by the rules, and possible lose gracefully.



The problem with the last life lesson is that WE CANNOT BEAT TUTTLE! Between Jay, Gram, and myself, we have probably played against Tuttle 20 times. We are playing by the rules 100%. He has won every single time.


Tonight I came SOOOO close to winning. I hid my excitement the whole game as I inched closer and closer to the candy castle. I was LITERALLY one space away from winning, and what card do I pull next? A candy picture card that forced me to move back to the beginning!! To be honest, I almost cussed in front of my three year old son for not winning Candyland. Haha

Maybe next time, Tuttle. Good game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment