Friday, September 2, 2016

I'll Stand By You

Little Boy hit a major milestone this week! He pulled up to standing position for the first time!


I knew it was only a matter of time before he stood because he had learned to climb out of the mudroom and up into the playroom by army crawling up the step. He has always been interested in Maggie's dollhouse, also known as pulling out any piece of furniture that he could grab to chew on, so it was only right that he used the dollhouse to pull up for the first time. The bottom two floors were getting boring. He needed to a new viewpoint!


Unfortunately the dollhouse is not as study as I thought because the next day he pulled the entire dollhouse down on him Wicked Witch of the East style. Maggie was very concerned which I thought was sweet until I learned she was only worried about the condition of her house! Typical sister. :)


I am thrilled that Jacob has learned a new skill, but it has created a problem at naptime and bedtime. He loves to pull up but has not figured out a way to get down yet. This has resulted in a lot of crying as he clings to the side of the bed. I know he has to figure it out on his own because when I lay him down again he immediately climbs back up! (Sidenote: The crib has been lowered to the bottom setting since the photo above. We do not need our energetic boy tumbling out of his crib in the middle of the night!)


Little Boy has discovered a whole new world at his higher eye level. I just love to watch him explore and learn new things! Our third baby definitely keeps us on our toes. Crawling before six months and standing at seven months! Good thing I have two amazing big siblings to help keep track of our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment