Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Parent Getaway

Jay and I were able to sneak away for THREE nights while Gram held down the fort at home. This was such a treat, especially on Mother's Day Weekend! Jay's friend was getting married in the Highlands, so we made a mini-vacation out of it. 

Neither Jay nor I had visited the Highlands before this trip, so we were eager to see what everyone seemed to love about this spot in the mountains. We rented the cutest Airbnb on the outskirts of the downtown area. We spent most of the time relaxing and sleeping (a lot!) in our little house. I may have also killed Jay in a game of Scrabble. :)





Our first night we got dressed up and went out to dinner at a yummy Italian spot that had been recommended by several friends. I was sold when I saw lobster ravioli on the menu!


We attended the wedding at a Highlands Country Club on Saturday evening. The weather could not have been more perfect! Every detail was absolutely stunning. The band was especially fun, and I look for any excuse to show off Jay's dance moves in public. He makes me look like I know what I am doing!


The rest of our weekend was filled with a little shopping downtown, a few meals where we could actually enjoy the food instead of hurrying to avoid a kid disaster, and attempting to find a good hiking spot.

A huge THANK YOU to Gram for surviving the weekend with all three crazies. We are planning to move into Gram and Grumps' house for part of the summer during our renovation, and Gram is still agreeing to this arrangement after the weekend, so I call it a success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment