Saturday, September 29, 2018

Running and Rain Gauges

I was able to spend a lot of time at the elementary school this week with several fun activities. I love that Ashford Park always has opportunities to involve the parents. 

Thursday was the much anticipated Fun Run. The school had really gotten the students pumped up all week about this fundraiser, so Tuttle and Maggie were ready to complete all the laps on the field. Tuttle's grade level was up first to run, and Jacob was in awe of all the action.


Early on Tuttle asked Jacob if he wanted to run a lap with him. Jacob was thrilled and spent the rest of the morning running with both Tuttle and Maggie. He probably ran at least 30 laps! All the students were so sweet cheering him on.




I was so proud of Tuttle and Maggie for completing all 35 laps. The Fun Run was a big success this year!


Friday while Jacob was in preschool I volunteered in Maggie's German science class for a STEM activity. The students have been learning about weather, so they created their own rain gauges. I am always blown away with the students' ability to focus and respond in German!


I do not feel like I know Maggie's class as well as Tuttle's class, so I was looking forward to this opportunity to interact with the 1st graders. They are such a sweet and polite bunch!

Not to jinx it, but Jay and I have both recognized that Jacob has made a transition over the past few weeks. I think it is a combination of preschool, getting a little older, and advancing his vocabulary; he is really turning into a big boy. Managing all the craziness with three kids has become more manageable since Jacob will play independently and get creative with his toys. 



I may survive this motherhood thing after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment