Saturday, July 16, 2022

Best. Week. Ever.

 The Thorne kids were living their best lives this past week. Maggie and Tuttle had been anticipating these summer plans for months, and neither trip disappointed.

Tuttle was invited to tag along with his best friend Cade and his family to Destin for a week at the beach along with another buddy Connor.  They rented an amazing beach house right by the water and spent their time skimboarding, playing sand football, visiting the boardwalk, and soaking up the sun. I loved receiving daily photos of our boy creating lifelong memories with his buddies.



Maggie and I made the drive to Tennessee for Flip Fest with several of her teammates. She is not new to sleepaway camp, but she was especially excited about focusing on advanced skills everyday with new coaches. Even though the kids had the opportunity for more free time during the day, Maggie told me she never missed an open gym time and called me several times to let me know about any new accomplishment. I stalked the Facebook page for photos, but I only spotted her a few times. She loved Flip Fest and is already talking about next year!



Grandmommy and Grandaddy came to the rescue for Jacob since both of his siblings were off on adventures. He went home with them after a visit at our house over the weekend. He visited Granny's house and went on a shopping spree at Target for new Legos. I know he appreciated being the center of attention for a few days while Jay and I worked. (Jay had crazy hours to prepare for Amazon Prime Day!)

All the kids were back under the same roof on Friday, and I was able to surprise Maggie with a bathroom makeover that Gram and I completed while she was at camp. She was speechless and is obsessed with all the changes!




Summer has flown by, and we are trying to slow down the remaining weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment