Sunday, December 18, 2022

Party, Party, Party

 We still have a week until Christmas Day, but we have already fit in so many holiday fun and traditions.

It would not be Christmas without our trip to Mellow Mushroom and the Garden Lights at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. It had been raining constantly all week, but it cleared up long enough for a beautiful night with the most amazing lights. It was especially good this year with new features.



Maggie and Jacob's elementary school hosted The Giving Tree program where the students presented toys to MUST Ministries for Christmas. Jacob was chosen as a gift bearer this year, so he was able to carry his class's gifts into the assembly to present in front of the audience.





Our three Beethovens performed their Christmas songs at their recital. Ms. Becky reserved the piano at Von Maur, so not only did the families get to enjoy the music, but holiday shoppers got a special treat, too!


Maggie traded cookies, decorated gingerbread houses, and played game with her Roswell Gymnastics team at the annual Christmas party.



I hosted the Foxhall ladies for a White Elephant home decor gift exchange and drinks/appetizers. I love our neighborhood and find any excuse to get together even if my gift got stolen by one of my closest friends. :)





Maggie had another gym party with her Level 6 team to exchange Secret Santa gifts. I did not take any pictures, but the girls headed to The Pasta Factory after Friday practice for dinner and to unveil their presents! Much to Maggie's surprise, her bestie, Alma, bought for her!

Our weekend morning started with homemade waffles for the family. Maggie made this festive breakfast all on her own!


Afterwards, we drove to Phipps Plaza to chat with Santa and submit final lists.



The boys were determined to be on the Nice List and even let me snap a sweet photo.


Jay and I were thrilled to fit in a holiday date night and enjoyed the YUMMIEST meal at Canton St. Social. The mussel appetizer still has us drooling! I loved reconnecting with my favorite guy during such a busy season. 


Today was our first official Christmas celebration with Gram and Grumps. While we always look forward to watching ALL the cousins open gifts, I was anticipating the gift I bought for my mom. There was a coat that she found in Paris and talked herself out of buying it TWICE. Two months ago I tracked down this special piece. Just last week she mentioned how much she regrets not buying it. I could barely hold in my excitement. Her reaction will definitely be the highlight of my entire holiday!


The kids still have another week of school, but it mostly will consist of theme days and parties. (Sadly Tuttle can only look forward to tests and final assignments). Christmas memories are just getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment