Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Christmas Cheer and Birthday Bash

 Once the kids were officially done with school for the holiday break, I organized a gingerbread house decorating contest for the teenage crew in the neighborhood. I love these sweet kids and hope to make this an annual event.


We saved one of our favorite Christmas traditions for the last weekend and enjoyed the garden lights at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens after eating all the pizza at Mellow Mushroom.




On Christmas Eve we attended the early service at Peachtree Road Methodist to watch Jacob as a shepherd in the Nativity. Unfortunately Maggie started to feel under the weather, but she made it through the service and sushi dinner.



The Thorne kids have no issue going to bed early on Christmas Eve, so everyone was asleep before 9pm. As the kids have gotten older, Santa does not have much assembly for toys, so he was able to come and setup the gifts early enough to watch a movie in the basement before heading to bed, as well. :)





Early to bed means early to rise, so we were opening gifts by 7am. Everyone made the Nice List and received all their wishes!




Around lunchtime Grandmommy, Grandaddy, and the Peace Family arrived for food, fun, and more presents! We love hosting Christmas!

Maggie really hit a wall and retreated to her room for the rest of the day.


The celebration continued with the Corbitts the next day. I never take enough pictures when we are around my family. I think I am too busy talking! The visit was short but sweet. Maggie was still sick at home, so we did not drag out the afternoon.

Unfortunately the germs gave me one last gift of Christmas when I woke up the next day feeling absolutely horrible. I am thankful for a flexible job that gave me the extra time to recover as a huddled in a ball on the couch for days.

I refused to let the flu keep me down to celebrate Jay's birthday. We typically treat it as our New Years night out, as well. This year was extra special because we were able to enjoy drinks with The Gersons and dinner with The Burkes- a twofer! It was such a great evening to end the year and recognize my favorite guy! Happy 43rd Birthday, Jay!





We are looking forward to what 2024 is going to bring to our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment