Sunday, August 14, 2011

Flooding and Birthday Celebration

Saturday morning, Jay and I thought we were waking up to a summer rain, but we soon discovered it was actually raining inside, and our apartment was FLOODING! Apparently, the water heater on the fourth floor had busted, and our apartment was affected. We were not swimming out of the bedroom, but the carpets were soaked, and water was pouring from the ceiling. Tuttle loved playing in it, so at least he was happy!



Instead of our exciting weekend plans (Jay was supposed to attend a bachelor party, and I was looking forward to a zoo playdate with Rachel and Cohen), we had to move all the furniture out of the bedroom and dining room, pack bags for the week, and drive the pets to Madison to stay with Jay's parents.

We made the most of it and enjoyed our time with Grandmommy, Grandaddy, and Aunt Peach. Tuttle loves visiting his grandparents because he is the star of the show the whole time!


Tuttle was intriqued with his John Deere tractor and pointed out all the details to his Grandmommy. :)
 


When you are out in the country, clothing is optional.
 
Jay and I slipped away for a datenight in Madison. We ate a very yummy dinner at Town 220. We have sneaked away for dates two weekends in a row. I could get used to this!!

My H-O-T Date

Today, we drove back to Atlanta for my mom's birthday celebration. I was a little apprehensive to take Tuttle out to dinner, but my mom picked the PERFECT place called Nancy G's. We ate on the patio, and due to the heat, we were the only people out there. Once Tuttle was finished sitting in the highchair (maybe 45 seconds? hehe), he was able to walk around the patio and explore. Jay and I walked away actually enjoying a dinner out with our energetic toddler. The food was delicious southern goodness, too!

The Birthday Girl and Grumps

Coloring with Daddy
 

What would a southern meal be without a sweet tea martini?


Good luck at your first day of school tomorrow with your first graders, Tricia!


Our dirty, hot, tired boy :)
 Due to the flooding, we will be shacking up at my mom's house for the next week. I am looking forward to hanging out with my mom, and Tuttle cannot get enough of running laps around the house. Thanks, Gram and Grumps!!
 

1 comment: