Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reconnecting with Old Friends

My friend Jamie and her son Will were able to meet us at the part yesterday for a quick playdate. Jaime and I met last winter at the park, and since our boys are so close in age, we started planning playdates. It had been a while since we had seen each other, so I was looking forward to this playdate a lot!

Jamie's Little Boy, Will

The best part of our friendship is the CRAZY connection that we discovered! It started with Tuttle and I going on our usual walk through the Ashford Park neighborhood last winter. I bundled him up in a warm coat and my FAVORITE winter hat that his Great-Aunt Ann made for him. Somewhere along the walk, Tuttle pulled his hat off, and I did not discover it missing until we got home, and the sun had set. I was devastated! I jumped in my car (Jay was home and kept Tuttle) and searched up and down the streets with my headlights. I came home empty handed. The next morning, I walked with Tuttle extra early to continue the search, but I was still unsuccessful.

How cute is that hat???


Here is where Jamie enters the picture. After meeting at the park, we became Facebook friends. She was browsing through my photos and came across one of Tuttle wearing the hat. The night we lost it, Jamie found the hat in her yard!! Despite her husband's insistence to throw it away, Jamie knew it was special and planned it put it on the park's bulletin board in hopes that the owner would see it. She called me immediately! How INSANE is that?

We had a fun time at the park yesterday. Since the weather has finally cooled off a little, I take advantage of every opportunity to get outside. 

Mary and Jack were able to come, too. :)



Tuttle LOVES watching the trains chug by the park, so I can rarely get his attention for a picture!


Today, my sorority sister and close friend, Samantha, came to visit. She moved to Colorado after graduation, and we realized today that we have not actually seen each other since my wedding three years ago!! We talk on the phone so frequently that it does not seem so long ago that we talked in person. :)


After a failed attempt at the pool due to a fussy toddler, we walked to Yoforia for some yummy frozen yogurt. I even let Tuttle feed himself which turned into handfuls for yogurt into his mouth! Yummy!!


I had the best time catching up for my old friend. Even though the visit started with a poopy diaper and ended with a toddler tantrum, I think the rest of the visit was a huge success! Love you, Sam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment