Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pool Playdate with Baby Jett

This week Tuttle and I have been pretty low key. I am desperately trying to get Tuttle to learn to play alone sometimes, especially when I am cooking dinner. While I do allow him a little television, I do not want to use the t.v. as his babysitter, so I have been introducing some new toys and games. I hope he can remember how much fun we had together for the times he needs to entertain himself. We have started building with blocks, playing in his tent with books and stuffed animals, and tinkering with kitchen items (measuring cups, Tupperware, spoons, etc.)  

Tuttle has definitely entered the ACTIVE toddler phase, which includes the tantrum phase. Honestly, it probably bothers others more than me. I just allow him to throw his tantrum because I know the moment I give into him, it is downhill from there! I also try to pick my battles- we NEVER let him play with Jay's computer, but if he wants to walk around with a kid fork, so be it. Yes, I know he could fall and poke himself, but he could also fall on his firetruck and get a bruise, too! :) His favorite obsession is walking holding his toothbrush- Hey! He loves clean teeth!!

Today, we had the best time swimming in the pool with Genesis and Baby Jett. I cannot believe he is already four and a half months old! My life seems more complete with his chunky cheeks!! :) Also, his HOT momma has already lose all her baby weight! Go, Gen!!


Tuttle LOVES the pool, and I think his swim lessons did pay off. No, he is not swimming laps, but he does kick his legs and can sometimes hold onto the side of the pool without my help! There is a section of the pool with very shallow water and three mini fountains. We spend most of our time there, and Tuttle plays with his bath toys and walks back and forth along the side. I get my workout following him because the shallow part drops off into deep water, and I make sure he does not get too close.



After a hard workout in the pool, a snack for Tuttle and a poolside nap for Jett was the perfect end to our pool playdate!


Thanks for coming over, Genesis and Baby Jett!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment