Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend of Food

It seems like our entire weekend centered around food! On Saturday, we dropped Tuttle off in Madison and headed to Athens for Jason Green's Annual Chicken and Ribs Party. We look forward to Jason's delicious BBQ every year, and this year did not disappoint. The crowd keeps growing as word spreads, and it is always fun to get together with Jay's old friends.




Tonight, Mary hosted our monthly Supper Club for our Ashford Park playgroup. Mary and I met while I was walking Tuttle in her neighborhood. She was pregnant with Jack (now almost 10 months), and I could not resist stopping to ask her about her cute baby bump! Obviously, I have never met a stranger!! :) We missed the first Supper Club because we were in Hilton Head, so I was super excited to get the babies and husbands together this time. Laurel, James (her son), and Jason (her husband) also came.

Mary and Jack
(Jack is the youngest in the playgroup, but this does not stop him from trying to keep up with the "big boys!")


James
 

Mary pulled out Jack's train table for the boys to play with in the backyard. It was a hit! I think I even convinced Jay that Tuttle needs one for Christmas. :)
 



 The food was absolutely scrumptious! John grilled chicken and bacon wrapped shrimp. Mary made a black bean,corn, avocado, and tomato salsa, as well as a fresh salad. Laurel brought homemade macaroni and cheese, and I brought mini cheesecakes. Yum!!

I am thrilled that I have found such a sweet group of girls in the neighborhood with boys the same age as Tuttle.
 

I apologize for no pictures of the husbands. Cute babies always become priority! Thanks for hosting, Mary and John!!

No comments:

Post a Comment