Monday, August 15, 2011

Marietta Square

Since we are currently staying at my mom's house due to the flooding at our apartment, I took the opportunity to see if my best friend, Jackie, was available for a playdate. While we talk almost every day on the phone, we rarely see each other. It takes about 45 minutes to drive from our apartment to her house, so it is hard to just meet up for lunch or to catch up in person.

Jackie has been my best friend since high school and was the matron of honor in my wedding. We frequently are dealing with the same stressful situations and also the same blessings. Her daughter, Caroline, was born in January 2010 while Tuttle was born in April 2010. :)

Caroline is such a blond beauty! 

Jackie is a mom that does it all. She works full time and stays at home with Caroline. She takes care of a HUGE house and is very dedicated to her church. On top of all her current responsibilities, she is SEVEN MONTHS pregnant with a little boy, Jacob Scott. I could not ask for a better friend.

It was PERFECT weather to meet at the Marietta Square. Neither of us really considered the difficulty in keeping up with the kids. Haha! Tuttle could not get enough of climbing up the brick stairs all over the park. The main problem with this exploration is that he cannot climb down stairs! I loved visiting with Jackie, but our conversations were constantly interrupted with runaway babies. Oh, the joy of toddlerhood. :)
  
Jackie and I have a lot of memories at the Marietta Square. We took pictures with our homecoming dates in the gazebo! It makes me smile that we are now bringing our babies to our old stomping ground. :)


I am excited for Jackie to experience "boy world" very soon. Only 13 more weeks until we can meet Jacob! It will give me an excuse to visit again!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe we made the blog! I'm so excited! But you give me too much credit for being a mom that "does it all." You do it even better, and I look up to you! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete