Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

After all the snow and ice, we FINALLY returned to school Wednesday and celebrated Valentine's Day with Tuttle's class. Jay and I had given the kids a small gift and huge cookie dessert on the actual holiday, but it does not really feel like Valentine's Day until you can take cards to your friends. :)
 
Tuttle had worked hard on his valentines. He is getting so good at writing his name that I asked him to write on each valentine for his friends. We spaced it out over several times because writing your name fifteen times can get overwhelming. I think he has inherited my desire for perfection- he messed up on a few and became very upset, so I taped a white square of paper over the typos, and he wrote it again. He was so eager to help stuff the bags, too. Sweet boy.
 
 
Tuttle wanted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle valentines, so I ordered individual candy pizzas for each friend. Everyone knows how much the turtles love pizza!
 
 
Maggie was so excited to join in on the fun. We went to Bible Study before the party, and she kept saying, "Party!" to remind me that we needed to head to Tuttle's school as soon as possible! :)
 
The parent volunteers did such an impressive job on the party for the Treefrog Class. Every student loved all the special treats, and I swiped a few myself. Yum!
 




 
We spent a few extra minutes on the playground after the party before returning home to examine all the valentines. Can you believe we were wearing snow gear a week ago?
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment